1 cup butter
1/2 cup Brown Sugar - (packed)
1/4 cup honey
1 cups sugar2 eggs
3 1/2 cups sorghum flour
1/2 cups chickpea flour
1/2 cups sweet rice flour
1/2 tsp GF vanilla powder (Authentic Foods)
1/2 tsp Ginger, Ground
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cream of tartar
2 Tbs granulated sugar (optional) for rolling balls in
No gum needed
Procedure1. Mix the flours with the vanilla powder, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda and cream of tartar, shake in a container to thoroughly mix and set aside
2. Cream butter, sugars and honey. Beat in eggs one at a time into creamed mixture. Add about half of the flour, continue mixing with mixer. Stir in the remainder of the flour with a spatula.
3. Shape into 48 1-inch balls. Optionally roll each ball in granulated sugar.
4. Place on parchment covered cookie sheet 2 inches apart. The cookie will spread, but not run. Flattening slightly is optional.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F until lightly brown - (12 to 13 minutes). If rolled in sugar, cracks will appear. If the cracks seem a little wet, leave in the oven a little longer.
6. After removing from oven, lift with a lifter to another cookie sheet to cool completely as they will be a little brittle while warm.
Servings: 48 Yield: 4 dozen 3 inch cookiesPreparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 25 minutes
If you have powdered flavorings, they work best with this cookie. Honey and brown sugar helps with keeping the soft center.
Serving size: 1/48 of a recipe (1 ounce).
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients.
Amount per Serving
Total Fat 4.42g
Saturated Fat 2.5g
Total Carbohydrates 16.69g