These provide the quick chocolate fix and are very easy to make.
Usually, I like chewy cookies, but these are just fine when in a rush and there is a need for a chocolate fix.
Ever wonder how chocolate got associated with sin?
Maybe who ever thought up the idea enjoyed it so much, it was thought that it was too good to be enjoyed as a normal part of life. There is even a book asking is it a sin to eat chocolate. Well, if it is a sin, a lot of people need to be repenting!
Not sure where the recipe came from, it is so simple. It has few ingredients. So thank everyone who has made a version of this recipe and claimed it as their own.
Flourless Chocolate Cookies - AKA Chocolate Sin Free Cookies
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp Black Cocoa
6 tbsp cocoa powder, regular
2 large egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment pape, and grease the parchment with a folded paper towel smeared with shortening.
2. Stir together all of the ingredients till smooth, scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl to incorporate all ingredients.
3. Drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets in about tablespoon sized balls. If you like smaller cookies make smaller balls
4. Bake the cookies for 8 minutes; they will spread, be shiny, with crackly tops. Do not overcook. Remove the pans from the oven, and allow the cookies to cool right in the pans.
5. Enjoy! Now wasn't this worth the wait? Don't worry about left overs, there will be none.
Servings: 15 Yield: 15 cookies
Preparation Time: 12 minutes Cooking Time: 8 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
Serving size: 1/15 of a recipe
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients.
Amount per Serving
Total Fat 4.82g
Saturated Fat 2.83g
Total Carbohydrates 19.39g