Sunday, August 8, 2010
Food product Cookie Recipes: Gluten Free or Easily Converted to Gluten Free
Cookies Cookies - how I love cookies .
This week, I decided to try recipes from Food product sites. I made two chocolate chip cookies recipes.
As you can guess, I am on the coconut flour kick this week.
First, I made a Chocolate Chip recipe called Wheat Free Chocolate Chip Cookies. This recipe works at it is written AND they are delicious. They spread a little too much for me, so I would reduce the butter by 2 tablespoons.
Chocolate Chip Cookies - (Gluten Free)
¾ cup + 2 Tbsp Brown rice flour
¼ cup Coconut Flour
½ tsp Baking soda
8 Tbsp Land O Lakes Margarine, softened
½ cup Sugar
½ cup Light brown sugar
1 Egg or equivalent substitute
1 ½ tsp Vanilla
1 cup Chocolate chips
¾ cup Walnuts, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Blend together the butter and sugars until fluffy and well mixed.
3. Beat in egg and vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl mix the flours and baking soda.
5. Add this to the butter/egg mixture until smooth and well blended.
6. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (if using).
7. Drop the dough by the teaspoonful onto pre-greased cookie sheets.
8. These should be spaced about 2 inches apart.
9. Bake about 8 to 9 minutes or until brown on the edges.
10. Remove from oven and allow cooling for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
Serving size: 1/48 of a recipe
Amount per Serving
Total Fat 4.32g
Saturated Fat 1.16g
Total Carbohydrates 9.44g
Second I converted a recipe called: Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies to gluten free.
Since I submitted it to Eating Well Magazine, I will not post it yet. If you look at the original recipe, you will notice that it can be converted very easily based on the first recipe above.