Saturday, December 17, 2011

Cooking for One or Two - Quick Lunch or Dinner - in Less Than 45 Minutes


With the holidays coming up, there hasn’t been much time to think about meals.  Pizza has been in the planning for two weeks, yet no pizza!

I am beginning to hate left-overs, so I try to cook accordingly.  Today, I needed to quickly fix something to eat that would not give me that over-stuffed feeling as I am trying to eat lightly before the holidays (yes holidays! Christmas and New Years).

Don't you just love those small (8-inch)plates?

Quick Pasta Dish - Served B

The meal today consists of the following with  shaved Parmesan cheese

Mediterranean "Style" Tomatoes


I love fresh tomatoes, but are a bit timid about eating them raw out of season.  So, I have a quick way to drop them in olive oil with basil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, marjoram, etc. and sauté on high heat until the skin just begins to pop. A little spray of Balsamic vinegar finishes off the dish.

These were left a little too long as the skins are wrinkling a bit.  They are still good, even if not as pretty!

Mediterranean Style Sauted Tomatoes B


Veggie Topping


1/4 cup each: cooked baby bellas, cooked eggplant,  diced red peppers, jarred artichokes and spices sautéed in garlic-infused olive oil

Veggie Pasta Topping B

Cooked Pasta
- rinsed and tossed in olive oil

There is also a similar post
World Pasta Day - Pasta topped with Tomato Sauce and a medley of vegetables, Olives and Shaved Parmesan Cheese

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is perfect! I'm bookmarking and serving it to Pete and Taylor (and me!) for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete