Tuesday, May 15, 2012

It’s National Chocolate Chip Day 2012 - Chocolate Chip Cookies -Gluten-Free


I got started late on deciding what to make because after going shopping, needed to take a breather a bit….

Noticed a post on blackdoctor.org! about chocolate chip cookiesfor Guilt-Free Chocolate Chip-Oatmeal Cookies….decided to use their recipe.    Of course, I had to convert it to gluten-free, so by the time they came out of the oven, they were the same cookies I have been making for some time.

I like to add flax meal and oats to cookies as I also use half non-calorie sweetener.  I guess you can say, I like to have my cake and eat it too.

Some time ago, I bought some coconut/palm sugar…  I replaced what normally is brown sugar with the palm sugar.

To see how National Food Holidays are determined….check this site: thenibble.com.

I make my own all-purpose gluten-free mix because I like to add more fiber than the usual store bought mixes.  King Arthur Flour has a whole-grain mix that is suitable for this recipe.

I prefer to use mini chips in cookies because they are easier to shape. With additional fiber, gluten-free cookies tend not to spread much. But I really love those Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Bittersweet chips!
So wipe the dribble and feast your eyes on these!

Chocolate Chip Cookies - Gluten-Free


Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients


1/4 cups Coconut palm sugar
1/4 cups Granulated Stevia Sweetener
1/4 cups Canola Harvest Margarine (or 70% or more fat margarine)
1 large  egg 
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
2  tbsp flax meal
1/2 cups whole grain mix (used a self- rising mix)
1/8 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats, uncooked
1/2 cups  double chocolate bittersweet chocolate chips

Procedures


Beat the margarine, sweeteners and egg until fluffy, beat in the extract.
Combine the flour mix, flax meal, baking soda, stir into the mixing bowl.  Stir in the oats.  Stir in the chips or you could just press them into the cookies as you shape them on the baking sheet.
Place portions of cookie dough on parchment paper covered baking sheets.  Bake in pre-heated 350F oven for about 9 minutes or until bottoms are browned.
Servings: 24

Nutrition Facts

Nutrition (
per cookie as prepared): 75 calories, 3.9g total fat, 1.2g monounsaturated fat, <1g polyunsaturated fat, 0g trans fatty acids, 0g trans-monoenoic fatty acids, 1.1g saturated fat, 8.8mg cholesterol, 37.3mg sodium, 10.6mg calcium, 10.9mg potassium, 3.3mcg folate, 18.6mg phosphorus, <1mg phytosterols, 0mcg lycopene, <1mcg selenium, <1mg thiamin, <1mcg vitamin b12, <1mg vitamin b6, <1mg vitamin c, <1IU vitamin d, <1mg zinc, 9g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 8g net carbohydrates, 3.4g sugar, 1.5g protein.
.


Chocolate Chip Cookies

© 2012 retiredwithnoregrets.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment