The original intent was to use a plain cupcake mix to make chocolate cupcakes, simply by adding shaved chocolate to the mix.
Well, the cookie mix was accidently opened, because both boxes look about the same. Rather than pouring the mix back into the bag, I decided to just use it. The mix feel was similar to cake mix, so……
I am basically a boxed mix do over type of person. If I don’t have the usual ingredients, I will use whatever I have. In this case…sugar cookie mix. It just a boxed mix hack
So when you have a baking mix designed for one product, it can be appropriated to another use. Enjoy baking!
Chocolate-Infused Cupcakes - Gluten Free
1 cup Pillsbury Funfetti Gluten Free Sugar Cookie Mix
1 tbsp JELLO chocolate fat free sugar free pudding and pie filling
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp cornstarch
3 tbsp butter with olive oil
1 tbsp Chocolate Syrup
1 large egg
1/4 cup nonfat buttermilk
1 1/2 oz Shaved, chopped roughly, Scharffen Berger chocolate
· Sift the candies out of the mix and save for other uses
· Preheat oven to 350°F.
· Line 6 muffin cups with paper liners.
· Measure a cup of the sifted cookie mix, whisk it with the baking powder and pudding mix in a small bowl, set aside.
· Beat egg and butter in a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Beat cookie mix until well combined. With the mixer on low, mix in the chocolate syrup and buttermilk, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed, until just combined.
· Fold in chocolate until just combined.
· Divide the batter among the prepared cups
· Bake the cupcakes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes
· Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
· Optionally frost
Servings – 6
Nutrition (calculated without frosting)
Calories: 200 , Total Fat: 8.7g , Cholesterol: 31.4mg , Sodium: 267.2mg , Potassium: 37.1mg , Iron: <1mg , Calcium: 29mg , Carbohydrates: 28.1g , Fiber: <1g , Net Carbohydrates: 27.9g , Sugar: 15.9g , Protein: 2.5g ,
© 2015 www.retiredwithnoregrets.blogspot.com/