This was my attempt at a muffin suitable for breakfast with nutrients and a low glycemic load. I mixed as I wrote, so there are no step by step instructions for this recipe.
Breakfast Muffins - gluten free
1/2 cup oat flour
1/8 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup buckwheat flour
1/8 cup sorghum flour
1 Tbsp tapioca starch
1 Tbsp arrowroot starch
1 Tbsp dry milk powder
2 tbsp chopped pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp chopped sunflower seeds
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/4 cup fat free yogurt
1 Tbsp grapeseed oil
2 tbsp egg substitute
2 tbsp Splenda brown Sugar Blend for Baking
2 tbsp Sweet Dreams Brown Rice Syrup
1/4 cup water
Use a food processor or chopper to chop the nuts.
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a lidded container and shake to combine
2. Mix all wet ingredients in a mixing bowl until completely combined. Stir in dry ingredients until completely mixed.
3. Grease a 6 cup regular sized muffin tin with shortening. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
4. Bake at 350 F for approximately 25 minutes. When the edges are browned, the muffins are done.
5. Remove from oven and serve with your choice of butter or jams.
Yield: 6 muffins
Serving size: 1/6 of a recipe
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 6.26g
Saturated Fat 0.79g
Total Carbohydrates 23.6g
The assumption is that all ingredients used to create this recipe are gluten free. Brown rice syrup is reported to have a glycemic index of 30 compared to 'regular' honey at 80.