Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Best Peanut Butter Cookies - Converted to Gluten-Free

I love peanut butter, but never made peanut butter cookies very often. After seeing a fellow blogger The Dutch Baker’s Daughter’s post of her Million Dollar Peanut Butter Cookies, I decided it was time!

These are easy to convert, but read the instructions in the original recipe when making. For the recipe, go to Million Dollar Peanut Butter Cookies

My substitutions were Pamela’s Artisan Flour blend and a pinch of xanthan gum. I made a half recipe.

Pictures of Million Dollar Peanut Butter Cookies Converted To  Gluten-Free

The finished product

Million Dollar Peanut Butter Cookies - GF

I gathered all of the ingredients and mixed them.

Million Dollar Peanut Butter Cookies - GF

Divided the dough into 12 portions,  with the PB center already mixed and ready to insert.

Million Dollar Peanut Butter Cookies - GF

The dough portions with the PB centers, ready to shape.

Million Dollar Peanut Butter Cookies - GF

Shaped and ready for oven.  Sort of over did the cinnamon in the cinnamon/sugar  mix for the topping.

Million Dollar Peanut Butter Cookies - GF

From the oven

Million Dollar Peanut Butter Cookies - GF

 

I wasn’t paying attention when adding the PB center as I was doing them, so I had about 1/3 left over.  Rather than redoing the cookies, I decided to make a small peanut butter brownie. I added cocoa, liquid egg, quinoa flour, milk & some PB chips

PB Brownie - Quinoa Flour

As always, I dust chocolate cake pans with cocoa

PB Brownie - Quinoa Flour - prepared pan

For general baking, I use Hershey’s Natural, but if I want a darker or more robust flavor it’s Ghirardelli or Hershey’s Special Dark.  At one time I used a lot of black mixed with Hershey’s Natural.  The black is very similar in taste to unsweetened cacao nibs.  The ‘brownie is ready for the oven.  Since this is a 4-inch pan, it took about 20 minutes.

PB Brownie - Quinoa Flour

Cut in half & frosted middle and top.

And it was good too! 

PB Brownie - Quinoa Flour - Frosted

This cold snowy, rainy, ever changing weather is just making me think comfort food!


© 2013 http://retiredwithnoregrets.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment